Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015


I prayed for joy, and joy became,
Through ether, thence the All,
I prayed for hope, let hope remain,
Transcending vapour, whence the All.

I hoped for healing, healing shone,
God came to me, midst universal stealth,
I ope'd my heart, the broken gone,
Spirit empowered me, with eternal wealth.

I prayed for peace, death rejoiced,
Holy of Holies, ran the gauntlet,
I prayed for heaven, angel voiced,
Ghostly dreams, revealed the haunted.

I desired faith, faith parted the sea,
Lest wonderment, dash fear that danger fraught,
I desired sight, clarity was given me,
Spectacle delivered freedom, emancipation caught.

I prayed for wisdom, wisdom taught,
Soul enlightened me, as Seth spake,
I prayed for light, light forged and wrought,
Prophetic dreams, path visions take.

I longed for love, love caressed my soul,
Still marvelous awe, thence the All,
I longed for purity, purity made me whole,
Through adoration, whence the All.

So much longing, so much life,
So many hopes, so many prayers,
So much desire, so much strife,
So many tears, so many layers.

Awake, thus breathe, hear Heaven's call,
Partake, delight in this earthly feast,
Know love and joy, worship the All,
Surrender your heart, embrace your inner priest.

Know then, as every wise man sought,
Mountain caves, where self judgement taught,
Deep in the sea, where rare courage rises,
Unfathomable mysteries, Spirit cloaked by many guises.

1 comment:

Olwen's sister said...

Olwen's second name was Joy. Perhaps you know that.
This poem is Brilliant. Your photography is stunning.
I plan to come to Kalso this year, but maybe you will not be washing dishes in the Church kitchen!!!
Thank you, make them into a book. PLEASE.