Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016



On my 39th day in the desert,
An Angel came to me,
She took my hand,
Leading me across a rocky plain,
To find a Sacred Spring,
Where pure water bubbles up,
Pouring clean and fresh from somewhere,
Deep in Mother Earth,
I knelt in prayer,
Grateful,
I drank deeply,
Refreshed,
I stood,
Looking at the stars in the sky,
I thought it strange,
As it was day,
But there were the stars,
Shining like a cosmic maze,
For me to follow.
Smiling,
That kind Angel kissed me,
Wrapping her wings 'round my essence,
Telling me it was time to go home.
Love and compassion filled me in that moment of bliss,
It was a relief as just the day before,
Lost in that desert place,
Wandering under the blistering rays of the sun,
I heard a primal scream,
In unison, the voice of all humankind,
Screaming together,
Almost a wail and moan,
Mixed it seemed,
Shouting up to heaven,
Wondering why God had forsaken us,
Forsaken the earth,
But then, my Angel,
Enveloped by her perfect aura of shimmering light,
Reminded me,
It was not God that had forsaken us,
God has not forsaken the earth,
It is humanity,
All of us,
That have forsaken God.
Gifted with that knowledge,
Angel and I turned to the east,
Wand'ring on that hot sand,
Beginning our last day walking in that desert land,
Where finally on our journey I spied a searchlight,
Beaming Hope from somewhere,
I thought it was from the edge of the earth,
Perhaps held by the hand of Gaia herself,
So we journeyed closer,
Angel remaining close by my side,
Realizing in time that searchlight was not of this earth,
But shining from heaven itself,
Urging me onward,
Beckoning me forward,
Filling me with strength and hope,
Enough faith to continue on.
Finally I came to pearl gates,
Where my Angel kissed me again,
Telling me I must go back,
To that desert,
To wander even more,
Furthering my search,
Seeking more springs,
Searching to find a Sacred Fount,
So that I might fill my cup,
Heal my wounded heart with compassion,
Replenish my soul,
With God's eternal love,
So that I may yet live,
Still breathe,
Wander and dream,
Imagining all things good and pure,
All things Sacred and Blessed,
So on that final day,
When God calls me,
I may approach Heaven's Gates,
Passing through,
Entering with my soul cleansed of all my earthly sins,
So that I can kneel at the Throne of the King,
Kiss his Holy feet,
Where he will take me in his loving arms,
Hold me like the innocent child that I am,
Tell me stories about purity, power, glory,
Thus he shall grant me wings to fly,
So I may join heaven's choir,
Singing praises to God Almighty,
Knowing I have finally found home,
Once again,
Where my soul will be nurtured,
Resting in that pure place,
Where all things begin and end,
Alpha and Omega,
Where all prayers are answered,
Where Sacred Light becomes us,
Where Holiness surrounds us,
Where Creation's Spring is evident,
In that very Source,
We finally understand vibration,
Which becomes life itself,
Becomes Wisdom and Knowledge,
So existence and being is never lost,
So that we shall forever know,
God Loves Us.

2 comments:

Natasha Milburn Lalita (Novelist) said...

Beautiful poetry, so glad I had the pleasure to discover this blog. My compliments

Anonymous said...

This is deep, thought provoking and lovely..............Olwen's sister