Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2020


 

that day
you told me
you loved me
coy tears of love
surged down my face
I wept with pure joy

that day
you told me
you had cancer
that trying day
your words pierced my heart
created months of crying

that day
you told me
you were committing suicide
I couldn't hide my breaking heart
I held my breath and told you
I would always love you

that day
you told me outright
to get out
of your closed-in life
stabbing me with a crushing fear
I wept another billion tears

that wicked day
the tumbling world ended
my crumbling heart trembled
as horrid grief tore away a part of me
I fell down defeated and cried
that torrid day I simply curled up and died

                     * * *

No comments: