Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012


Sweet Summer! Love!
a poem for Ayla

These short June nights, these long June days,
This cool June rain, before July's hot summer haze,
New fruit has set, sweet flowers bloom,
Grass waist high, in summer's room.
Your lips, your mouth, your Venus mound,
Your words, your voice, your gentle sound,
How I fell! How much I love!
You stole my heart, charmed angelic dove.
Your hair, your hips, your graceful moves,
Your eyes, your hands, your artful grooves,
I keep a place for you, safe within my heart,
Yet we still sleep many miles apart.
Awake! I ponder, a life together,
Asleep! I dream, our hearts, a loving tether.
To kiss your lips! Oh! To hold your hand!
To feel your beating heart next to mine, so grand!
This torrid love! This young wine!
Sense! It's grown from a fertile vine! 
So many days, so many nights,
Such exquisite dreams, such fetching sights!
Dear Ayla! Cherished Siren! Your poetic nature!
Your enchanted verse, your alluring stature!
If only you would feel the same!
This love would flourish! Anon! Ne'er in vain!

No comments: