Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014




You died on a Tuesday,
Agony ended your life,
Breaking my heart on that blue day,
Your pain stabbed deep like a knife.

In the end you suffered and cried,
Helpless I watched, suffering with you those hours,
Hoping miracles would save you, I tried,
Praying "God grant me courage with your Holy Ghost powers."

Heedfully I attended as precious life left you,
One last breath, your heart stopped in turn,
Grieving, wretched I sat, trembling too,
Death and the reaper I numbly spurn.

I miss you so much I could cry,
Your grave is the place where you stay,
So much strife fills my mind I could die,
My soul whispers words where you silently lay. 

----------------

My loyal companion Tippy came into my life when she was six months old, a rescue dog I fortunately found at the SPCA kennel. She was 13 years, 4 months old when she died on April 22, 2014.

 

No comments: