Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014


A Poem for Suzie
 
I looked into your deep dark eyes,
And there I saw, I did surmise,
A tender love, a caring heart,
Life's cordial passion, blessed joy did so impart.

Lying there, our beating hearts entwined,
I caressed your gentle face, love poems I signed,
I stared deep into your perfect soul,
I found such bliss, each tender kiss, our heaven's goal.

Stars that night, shone oh so bright,
Our new found love, imparting happy light,
We glowed together, our lips did meet,
Our closed eyes, that magic spell, our hearts did greet.

Sighing, we loved together,
Brushed sweetly by love's gentle feather,
Our soaring souls enmeshed, ensconced by trust,
We flew as one, as true lovers must.

Behold the stars, entrenched by eternal time,
Behold this fate, that seemed yours and mine,
Such treasure found, such wondrous pleasure,
Long awaited kisses, we loved together.

Each day we spent, hand in hand,
Composing love poems, in your native land,
Pan played his pipes,  garden flowers bloomed,
We laughed together, our hearts, they swooned.

Those generous months, as love did grow,
Precious life nourished us, birds sang, our cups overflowed,
Each day we kissed, held hands, love caressed our teary eyes,
Unvarnished honest truth, that priceless gem, sparkled undisguised.

Who would have thought, could such passion e'er refrain,
Distilled compassion, charity and grace, should never wane,
Yet storm clouds formed, a tempest, beseech the calm,
Our words confused, rewrote loves joyous psalm.

Diffused, our melded hearts did break,
I left your garden, packed my bags, my leave did take,
Tears filled my eyes, washing o'er my bleeding, wounded soul,
Flying into the night, across the ocean, I landed where the cruel north wind blows. 

Long months passed, my ears denied your cherished voice,
My darling, my love, my soul-mate choice,
Memories,, emblazoned in my mind, those times that were sublime,
Rememb'ring all those treasured moments, recalling love's wondrous time.

I stared into your deep, dark eyes,
I knew that love was wise,
I kissed you, now I miss you everyday.
My broken heart, still bleeding, wish that I had stayed.

No comments: