Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2016


I'm not the man I used to be,
Certainly not the man I used to see,
Staring at my impression I always ponder,
Surveying my reflection I perpetually wonder,
When I sense my echo in that shining mirror,
Why is it I can't ever see myself any clearer?
Time is such a strange and funny thing,
All these past days and months and many years,
Focused on a moment, musing on what dawn might bring,
Wond'ring if restless dreams will transfer hopes or fears.
Once upon a time, my beloved friend,
When days were long and life was bliss,
When we were young tender love would mend,
Our gentle lives were simply filled with this.
Happy days blessed by sunshine, we oft did spend,
Wrapped and cradled in  each others loving arms,
Entwined by faith and life's persuasive charms,
When our loving homes were filled with lullabies,
Life's wonders blossomed like sweet perfumed blooms,
When our blissful garden was cheery song and butterflies,
Dreaming sweet dreams, like lovers in love filled rooms,
We gently lay our nodding heads down to sleep,
Ardent prayers promised heaven, our souls to keep,
Oh those long past heady days!
Sweet memories of distant long ago!
If I could go there, at least part ways,
My heart would burst with joy, I know it's so,
Bewitched we change, we have no recourse,
Spells like fleeting time, they come and go it's true,
If only every distant mem'ry were happy, with no remorse,
If tender love filled our lives, sad mem'ries would be but few,
However life is hard, life's challenges are many,
Let's hope they're worth at least a copper penny,
Old man time tends to fly, precious time it doesn't wait,
Oh our wondrous mem'ries, those heart felt dreams,
Someday friends we'll wake, find ourselves at Heaven's Gate,
 Our time on earth is short, once we're old so it seems,
Such is life, for all it's worth, and such is time,
Each moment shared, magic moments lost,
Every entrancement told, whether yours or mine,
Passing spells we'll measure, precious time the cost,
If I could spell back, fly in time, to sunny happy days,
Where waking dreams were spent in marvelous ways,
If I could change one thing, as I search for a timeless cure,
I'd halt time, anchored in its hapless tracks with silver stays,
I'd  stop time, fill our lives with golden love, of that I'm sure.
Yet in that reflective plane, mirror mirror on the wall,
There's some silent stranger gazing back at me,
Not speaking words, never saying anything at all,
Peering at that image, admiring time's mirage,
I wonder, guessing who that old man could be.

2 comments:

Olwen's sister said...

Thought provoking, tender, beautiful and true. Thank you.

JoeC said...

Thanks once again Lorna! Thank You!