Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2016


I hope that you are well, living in your far away land,
I hope that life for you is good, so absolutely grand.
I hope that in your heart birds are sweetly singing,
I hope summer has left its perfumed mark in your fragrant dell.
I hope autumn kisses you with colour, that changing seasons bringing,
I've tossed some shiny coins, for love's sake, into a wishing well.
I hope your heart is full of love and joy, awash with glorious singing,
I hope that happiness, with all its radiant light, has come to stay,
I hope jubilation visits you, revisits too, each and everyday.
My love for you shall never wane, all love's moments so surely gained,
Though love we shared was sometimes difficult and pained.
I sit on this far shore, looking out to sea, across a deep vast ocean,
Apart from you, where you live your life, in that far off place,
I lovingly recall how bliss sang love songs, with such a rhythmic motion,
While we marveled at the colour of the wind, in your garden space,
That impassioned place where muse came to visit, desire held our hands,
Impelling us to a sacred place, where we kissed and laughed and danced,
Where love always joined us, caressed us daily,  with such amazing grace,
Those wondrous days we spent together, entranced by love's romance,
Enjoying every breath of life together, love found us in that blessed space.
But now long years have passed us by, I sit helpless on this lonely shore and sigh,
Wond'ring if joy can ever fill my soul, will love ever mend my broken heart?
As I live and breathe, love's tears leave a wretched mark, dashing down my face again,
While I listen closely for some joyful bird to sing, wishing we weren't so far apart,
Wishing love could grant us kisses, let us embrace, you in my arms again,
I imagine your garden, your blissful face today, a dream I long for with all my heart.

No comments: