Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2018


When I was a boy,
I dreamed,
Worms crawling,
Hither nether,
Beneath that sleepy din,
Helter skelter,
Beneath my sleepy skin,
Manifesting past lives,
Lives that sweltered,
Decomposed by karma,
So dreams scrawled,
Recomposed by dharma,
Slithering scenes across that void,
Divinely I slept,
That human boy still inept,
But I grew tired so I crept,
Fledging from my dreamy nest I leapt,
So it seems,
Dreams have been fresh cream,
Bearing light and life beyond death,
Softened by my Angel's crystalline breath,
Slathering our skin with sun screen,
Guiding us safely across a perilous sea,
We've all been and seen that viscous scene,
Let me dream another arid place,
Where worms stop crawling under my skin,
Some wonderful place where sagging boobs firm up,
Dreaming our own beaches and oceans,
Stirring our own boiling pots,
Coming up with strange notions,
Arriving in desperate desolate lots,
Where love rushes forward to rescue us,
Father assuring us we are saved,
"Quiet son do not fuss",
Quiet prayers with mother before I sleep,
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take,
Dreams remind us that we are divinely called,
Sleep well and dream on innocent children,
Dream sacred through the rending night,
Yet sunrise refuses to be stalled,
Dream into the endless day,
Dream past lives,
Your blessed soul so lovingly strives,
All our divine dreams past lives make,
Fragrant dreams ripening life,
Sweet fruit for our precious soul's sake.

No comments: