Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018



Just Friends

You keep reminding me,
We're just friends,
Though I've said I love you,
But still,
Just friends,
I have no power,
No more than this,
Even though you've told me you love me too,
Your feelings are your own,
So all my love can do is surrender,
Reminding myself,
True love should mean so much more,
But here I am,
Feeling empty and alone,

Hanging off your sharp hook,
Dangling like a fish out of water,
Unable to untangle myself,
All these deep feelings,
Wishing love would wrap around your heart,
All these silly love things and desperate needs,
Still you are so far away,
And I am reminded once again,
That in your friendly way,
No matter how or what I say,
We remain forever,
So very far apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of haunting-ness and unresolved longings in your beautifully articulated poetry. Thank you.

JoeC said...

Thank you so very much for your kind comment. Cheers Anonymous!