Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2020



I remember
holding you
those gentle nights
irreplaceable moments
out in your rambling garden
when the humbling stars came out again
all those bright southern lights
we watched the wonder of the Southern Cross
like pieces of Australia and Antarctica
prayers finding their way to heaven
all the sweet kisses in the world
those cherished garden nights
such is garish love
like a storm in my heart
I dare to hold you close
even though we're far apart
closer than a heartbeat
closer than a kiss
you're in me
I'm in you too
some warm summer night
when the hot day has given out
when twilight has launched arrows into my heart
I'll hold you in my arms
we'll swirl in that torrid dream together
while the charming stars come out
all those exceptional reasons we're apart now
twirling like a myth somehow
whirling words that made little sense
changing furious seasons in space
those hard kisses we'll never share again
passionate memories of you in that special place
grace can be my only recompense
perhaps when we wake from this stolid dream
we'll find ourselves in that charmed place again
we'll share ripe peaches and sweet cream
love says the stars revolve around myth and romance
so I'll hold you close and kiss you
while we join with the adventurous stars
there we'll explore each others eyes
wrap each other in our arms
burning bright like blazing stars
as we dance across the love crazed sky


  
   
                             * * *

No comments: