Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2020



I wrote my name in the sky again
when the sun refused to shine
I told the worms in the earth
you were never mine
I sang a familiar hymn
a vow of the earthly divine
reminding me of all those lost words
words that sounded like both yours and mine
that high familiar ground
we both tumbled off that mound
that pounding fall from grace
from love's quiet loving place
those unfounded words we both mumbled
turning away as we stumbled
instead of speaking clearly
face to face
I carved your name in my heart again
when all the light in my life refused to shine
when dark night came again
I cried for you
no love or shame
still nothing good or true found
no one but myself to blame
just the same
I've buried my feelings
deep in the fearless earth
I've scratched loamy love from my life
I'm a loveless worm again
whatever those segments are worth

  
   
                        * * *

No comments: