Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2021


 

out of nowhere
like a comet
from deep space
some thing terrible
pierced my heart
some thing unimaginable
feasted on my soul
like a hungry beast
clawed into my world
searching for a bloody feast
all that lust that beast felt
so much terror it instilled
yet I held onto hope
but hope was not enough
I grasped at broken love
but love failed me
so I slipped
under that horrid spell
into that other deviant realm
where cast out souls are lost
far past forever more
as I writhed and fell
my fear was washed
with my falling tears
I hoped and prayed
that God
might find me
save me
from that terrible hell
show me the way
to a better place
but you turned away
you left behind
only wet footprints
you took all your love
you turned and spoke
final harsh words to me
saying you couldn't stay
that's when night came
stole every scrap
of my hope away
I tried to resolve
all my broken shame
yet both our souls
had been branded
leaving scars and traces
from love's red hot iron
like two flaming tails
from that untamed comet
hurtling and trailing away
out in deep space
and in its own way
drifting unfazed
into nothingness
blazing back from where it came
out of nowhere
I still somehow knew
you felt the same
 

             * * *

No comments: