Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2021


 

everyday war
those survivors
wonder why
while others died
veteran soldiers
still wounded
scarred by battle belief
dissected pieces and exploded parts
left behind in blind relief
haunting nightmare battlegrounds
those daunting dark nights
when screaming never stops
where horror has been found
deathly certain
regimented war finds
stealth in kind
by war and warlords
peace sent into abhorrent battle
enemies with a single bloody mind
everyday soldiers and civilians
so many casualties of war
some inductees and survivors
asking what and why
so truth and brothers died
hoping mother peace
what if we try
healing comes
wedged from deep inside
but sledge enemies
equipped with sharp incisors
there's this hammering
bang bang banging
inside my head
damn damn banging
making me shudder and stutter
I'm slurring all my thoughts
mixing up my words
making me continually wonder
why in this fearful modern world
I only see and hear
muttering and stammering
none of which is clear

                   * * *

No comments: