Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2021


 

my bleeding tongue
your razor lips
something's wrong
maybe I'm losing my grip
your steely eyes
my common disguise
I see this world burning
but the churning sun still shines
I sense everything is yearning
yet the chill moon refuses to speak
there once was that perfect time
together we reached passion's snowy peak
once love was both yours and mine
we watched each rising tide
swarm every storm swept beach
where bleeding hearts reside
all those heady moon beams
spark and glint off salty waves
illuminating every frothy place
where difficult love always hides
love is both fire and rain
still I'm senselessly burning
so much emotion in one refrain
such torrid self-immolation
my torrential mind is turning
romance quelled by self-preservation
what if stellar heaven
is a damp dark place
what if seven turgid hells
make up that love lost space
how deep is every demon well
some a molten fiery pit
my pitching guts are churning
wond'ring what went so horribly wrong
my wretched tongue is bleeding
still missing your steely lips
my stitched-up eyes are blurry
from all the bloody tears I've cried
I'm drowning in love's horrid slurry
remembering my hands upon your lurid hips
no matter how hard I've tried
those stolid feelings I try to bury
come gushing back
like a morbid rising rushing tide
some flush day
maybe we'll understand and see
display a perfect way
where wonderland creation
passionately serves
every deserving open mind
when being human
means we truly know
that loving hearts
are true are kind

               * * *

No comments: