Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 1, 2023

 


your circumference
is something I could not imagine
how far reaching you are
my protractor port deems
electromagnetic interference
nothing significant
we are so far apart
if I could jump over the moon
maybe we wouldn't have been
here from the very start
I cherish your slim figure
your kisses made me swoon
when you touched me
I felt absolute love
together love was passion
jumping over the love sick moon
I tried to circle you
your shape fit me
I remember loving you
we fit like a glove
you had my heart
from the very start
but now we are far apart
somehow I still feel you
I think of you all too often
you're there when I wake
you linger in the dark
if love were truly kind
if love weren't difficult and stark
maybe love would have kept us
as love had found us
an ocean apart
one first kiss
one true love
it's you I miss
our beating hearts
how can we be so connected
your circumference encompasses me
even though we're disconnected
a world apart
right from the start
I tried to measure you
when I knew I couldn't stay
pleasure played me for a fool
foolish me as we walked away
I knew I'd always treasure you
true love isn't child's play
true love isn't even art
true love is how we do our part
truthful compass of what we feel and say

                   * * *

No comments: