Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2023


 

dreaming about skin
this wondrous beautiful
enclosure we're stuck in
upon dutiful waking
I found I held
wrapped in both my hands
some smooth skinned serpent
some wondrous slithering snake
repentance is a grinning reptile
delivered from Grandfather stone
another realm and mystic land
I realistically dreamed about
venom's curt delivery
something more remote
sharp fangs piercing
penetrating soul and veins
shame's painful hurt
puncturing discontent and desire
God's fierce and painful
smite and smote
those same sins
Masters disdainfully quote
painting yin from yang
some balancing of pieces
scribed with bleeding hearts
describing broken shins
I dreamed of Lord Krishna
powerful and blue him
reciting Ganesha poetry
sacred drums and singing
hymns and other songs
delivering zen solution
something right and something wrong
when I woke again
tied to my training bed
bound with spiritual thongs
Arjuna was standing at my head
ready to pierce my pounding heart
Arjuna's swift sword and powerful spear
ready to shift and sound
my dreaming heart and life
dim sum into rising steam
just as vaporous God
recipied and willed
as I lay there
quiet and still
a tiny song bird
compassionately flew in
enlightening this passionate world
singing about heaven
painting harmony with nature's notes
warbling balanced perfection
such sweet songs
delivering heaven
such sweet inflection
emancipating resurrection

              * * *

No comments: