Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 28, 2024


 

I've tortured and chained myself
shackled to old memories
I've nurtured all the pain I've felt
though little of that ancient history remains
there is no pantheon or acropolis
just a deep dark crypt
where I went to lay my broken heart
those historic storms
and still this place
where love is torn
and severely ripped
this current time
when love has not spoken
since all love's words
are chained and broken
because my love and I
exist so far apart
love's cold ashes
I keep upon a hidden shelf
encapsulated by age old memories
so bruised and stained
some of love's retrospection
still my beating heart
paused by love's blue reflection
in spite of hopeful love
I can't escape such tortured art
just a dark dank crypt
where I sometimes
go to cry and weep
yet no matter
how hard I try
I know that love
has clipped my wings
I know that love
along with other things
shall never again
let me soar or fly

            * * *

No comments: