Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2024


 

this tragic fantasy
where sweet love
once did exist
I'm dressed in black
with all the pain of this
my tragic fantasy
giving me a wicked shove
towards passionate bliss
perhaps when dreams go wrong
when we lose our way
hearts get broken
we don't know what to say
this fantasy of ours
took us down
that rocky road
those fantastic chances
we freely take
hoping to embrace
true passionate love
then one rotten day
when things go
so terribly sour
we find ourselves
mired in those
broken days and hours
perhaps the only thing
I truly need
to somehow do
is pray and hope
that some token day
maybe once again
I might wake
in my fantasy
from dreamy sleep
open tear filled eyes
to see your smiling face
to know romantic love
may be something
we might one day
truly have and keep

             * * *

No comments: