Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2024


 

those stories
we never
want to end
I thought
I'd see you again
now
at days end
I see the drop
has come
in this
twilight time
now mostly
what I feel
is sorry
still I don't see
all love's pain
ending
I hoped that
one day
I'd see you again
now dark
night descends
I see this story
sadly closing
who could have thought
so many years
would have
passed us by
time itself
has been imposing
let alone
vast oceans
between us
I suppose love
is nothing
but
a broken heart
I remember
kissing you
passion in my arms
I remember
passionately holding you
soaking up your charms
still the world
forces us apart
it seems we provoked love
right from storied start
cruel times
love's jeweled art
maybe I am
just a fool
but I fell
in love
with you
yet love failed
both you and I
now this
final chapter
has come
to its remorseful end
what love did
to us
sending us
hurt and bleeding
through that rending portal
why can't we be freed
from all love's pain
all life's hurt
maybe
in my dreams
I'll stop
writing this story
maybe
in my dreams
you'll let me say
I'm sorry
perhaps you'll believe me
when I say
I'm broken and I'm sorry

               * * *

No comments: