Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

 


deep chill
having left desert
finally released
all my camels
freed my horses
sold all my goats
all that dry
drifting singing sand
those desert dunes
shifting through
my weathered hands
I left leather John there
baptizing himself
needled in his dugout
somehow still headless
imbibing Jordan River
from that bug out
I've been revising
that moody tone
into hungry jungle
Jaguars are there
black stealth panthers
stinging army ants
so many years
I was clambering
climbing thorny vines
ascending camphored trees
conversing with top monkeys
converting squawking parrots
somehow I survived
even when those
slithering giant anaconda
wrapped me up 
squeezed withered me
so I was trapped
my screams delighting
inviting gnarly
Baba Yaga
she took me
my gnarled hand
leading subversive me
traversing down another
irreversible jungle river
welcome to another
viral chopping block
now I lay me
down for keeps
pray that God
will help me
finally welcome sleep
should I die
before I wake
should clever John
baptize me again
submerge me forever
within that
river of swords
John would speak
giver of words
vocalizing jungle springs
release sacred churning
navigate inoculizing rapids
beyond that acrid
mocking desert
formidable burning fear
damnably certain
desiccation takes over
even that Jordan River
suffering abdication
ever more and more
while every yearning
dedication spake forever
somehow schooled piranhas
truly missing me
unplanned as ever
blissful foolish me
inoculated me
floating free
towards another 
inoculating ocean
John waved
floating free
out in space
John's newest realm
unlike mindless
tangled jungle
or endless desert
Mother's space
a sacred helm
that other place
we should be in
now that is deep
some sacred chill
so now we
this human race
should finally keep
where forever John is
clearly in our hearts
fearless in this space
this virally steep
deep sacred chill

         * * * 

No comments: