Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

I don't know if you'll ever see this,
I wonder if you'll ever read this,
It's been such a long time since we've spoken,
I've held my breath, hoping for some friendship token.

It seems like yesterday we held each other, kissing,
Looked into each others eyes, yet for years you've been missing,
From my life, from my empty life, still fixed in my broken heart,
I've kept you, memories so dear, yet we're distant, so very far apart.

I don't know how love works, it's a mystery to me,
Once you said you loved me, spake those tender words to thee,
Held me in your heart, kept me warm with all your charms,
Cherished life, adoring  love together, sultry in each others loving arms.

But something terrible happened, some tempest, tearing us apart,
An ocean vast and deep, of words and places, right from the start,
A world where understanding, drowned us in a turbulent sea,
Heaven's song imperiled, finally castaways, clinging to the loving tree.

So life goes on now, somewhere your heart dwells in a separate world,
I eat and breathe and sleep alone, since our precious love unfurled,
As time passes by, years now, I still think of you each day,
Dreaming of the love we shared, how we kissed each day away.

 

We laughed and loved under moonlit skies, I wonder if you recall?
Kisses, meant for you alone, together, mixing love with the autumn fall,
Holding hands, sharing love, in your garden with all it's bloom,
Sweet birds sang, flitting too on tender wings, chased away every gloom.

When those southern Jacarandas bloom,
Poems you spoke within your postcard room,
Brilliant purple on spring's austere morn,
Reminds me of euphoric times, now I sit and mourn.

Mellow wind, carry love's message to you,
Gentle joy, sign each tender thought, my love for you,
Across the broad Pacific, to your far-off sunny land,
Rememb'ring strolling down Golgotha's lane, joyful, hand in hand.

Ne'er the twain shall meet, yet dreams keep love alive,
Storied gardens, where fragrant eucalyptus thrive,
Beyond vast oceans, brilliant love doth keep,
Gems, I do recall, rejoice, awake, together we did sleep.

Transformed, this gentle autumn breeze exists,
Recall those easy days, whence we sat making garden lists,
Love's tendrils cross, years of time and space,
List'ning to the colours of the wind, while joy caressed your smiling face.

It seems that rugged time will ne'er change,
It seems that love deceived, beyond it's range,
Our hearts, that joyous sum, shall ne'er again be entwined as one,
Relinquished treasure, where once precious love had won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another beauty, Joe C. Thank you, - mournful and listing, hauntingly lovely. Echoes of times lost.