Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015


  I'm sorry for my tardiness, not often reading comments you readers have so kindly left at times. Please pardon my audience neglect. In reality I have severe stage fright, something that I have carried since being a child. Those times when my parents and teachers encouraged me to get up on stage, in front of crowds, suddenly in the spot light, toodling on my accordion, messing up, playing rotten notes. Suddenly up on stage, again, after so many practices, speaking memorized lines, in school plays, messing up, such a soporific actor, such terrible acting. Strangely, when I was a little kid, I loved making people laugh, a clown at heart. But then something tragic happened. After I broke my leg (you know the old saying, 'break a leg'), I lost my clown suit and withdrew. I think it was that damn accordion, all those Saturday lessons (with one music teacher in particular, the guy that would get mad and raise his voice, Mr. Turta, oops), all that after school practicing, then those occasional stage disasters, when I withered and decided I hated being in the spot light. Since then, all those years ago, I've faded into the wings, seeking the shadows and moonlight more so than daylight and the spotlight. But then, ironically, I have this small side of me that still wants, still craves, you know what I mean. Don't you?! I'm sure you must, you do, at least the majority of you. Anyhow, to not go on and on with this I must tell you that there have been inquiries, a few folk that actually like some of my poetry, some of my stuff, that I post here, and there (in my google guise, as Kestrel Feather). A few people that have asked if they might share my poetry, even writing it out with their own skills and artistry, like calligraphy. Truly, I am honoured that such kind and generous inquiries have been made. Honestly, I hope that those folk that are inspired by my words, my work, do indeed share and link my stuff from JoeC's blog spot (in reality I would love more exposure, a bigger audience, more readers). I only ask that when you do share my poems (or photos) that you please be sure to let people know that I am the original author and photographer. I would also appreciate that if anyone does decide to share my work that they let me know (through this blog page, as a comment or some note), kindly letting me know where and how my work has been shared as well.
  Thank you all for taking the time to come here, to JoeC's blog spot, to read my poetry, to view my photos. I hope you continue to enjoy what I post here. Thank you all so very much! Cheers! 
 -  JoeC, aka Joe Carrot, aka Kestrel Feather.
- email me at joecarrotinargenta@gmail.com

No comments: