Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2018



God pushing me,
From the day I was born,
Push push push,
Every second of every minute of every day,
Push push push,
With earth and fire and water,
Pushing me into the wilderness,
Pulling me back into this challenging world,
Pushing me and pulling me,
Pushing into the lonely desert,
Pulling me back again,
With music and light,
Pushing me into poverty,
Pulling me down,
Reminding me I am only human,
Not a Starman at all,
Pushing me over cliffs,
Pushing me into deep canyons,
Pulling me into the sea,
Beneath the surface of the deep ocean,
Pushing me with my lion heart,
Shoving me into traffic,
Pulling me out of danger,
Time and time and time again,
Whispering in my sapient ear,
Every second of every minute of every day,
Pushing towards the edge of difficulty,
Pulling me back from the brink of death,
Pushing and pulling me,
Like a marionette,
Cutting my strings at times,
Watching me flounder,
Allowing me to dance,
All on my very own,
Pushing into blazing fire,
Watching me sizzle and burn,
Raking me out again,
Into cooling waters,
Pushing me under,
Pulling me down,
Watching me drown,
Time after time after time,
Rescuing me,
Just before I gasp,
My last breath,
Pushing me t'wards the burning gates of hell,
Pulling me back to Eden's flourishing dell,
Pushing me over the rakish edge,
Pulling me away with a blessed rope,
Telling me patience is my friend,
Reminding me I am only human,
Born into this earthly body,
Born with this beating heart,
Born with this divine soul,
God is always pushing me,
Reveling in his supreme universe,
Pulling all of us down to earth,
Pushing all of us into life,
Reminding each of us we are only human,
Reminding us about God's spiritual plan,
Balancing along a keen periphery,
Pushing us into strife,
Reminding each of us,
A razor sharp and deadly knife,
Parity on a cutting edge,

Seeking equilibrium,
Reminding us we are only human,
Reminding us only love can save us,
Reminding us about our sacred lives,
Sacred dwelling on this earth,
Venerated by God we live,
God's gracious divinity,
God's generous ability,
 What our Creator freely gives,
Every precious breath we take,

Truly precious God's,
All the love we feel,
Straight from God,
Holiness pushing us,
Forgiving our earthly sin,
Without God we are nothing,
Without God there is nothing,
God's omnipotent wisdom,
Pushing us to clearly see,
Pulling us into love,
Pushing us into life,
Pulling us back to heaven,
Pushing us to live life again,
Pulling me back into celestial me,
Pushing you to be celestial you,
Pulling us together me and thee,
Pushing us all to be celestial and free.

No comments: