Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2019



my eyes
my open eyes
i wake
i stir and wake
my lungs
my needy lungs
i breathe
i inhale and breathe
my feet
my naked feet

such sharp cinders
those burning embers

hot sand 
hot sand beneath my bare feet
my arms
my empty arms
wanting to hold you
longing to hold you
my mouth
my open mouth
so dry
so parched and dry
no love songs
no happy poems
all those empty words
my heart
my broken heart
wanting to love you
waiting to love you
my pursed lips
my parched lips
wanting to kiss you
needing to kiss you
the sun
the moon
the planets
our needy hearts
the careless wind has blinded us
the heartless wind has swept love away
my mind
my mind
my sorry mind




No comments: