Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2020



I've been told
There is no shame
In being a broken man
You just pick up the pieces
And start rebuilding
I was never tamed
The mighty Universe took hold
I'll never be the same
But I remain
A broken soul
And I've been told
A broken man
Is hard to hold
I picked up the pieces
Too many times to count
All these age old creases
That left my smile in pieces
That left me stranded
On the mount
But I was handed
A brave heart that never ceases
A life that through all that failure
With that account
In my heart
I somehow found a strand
Of something miraculous and rare
That special something that said
God truly cares
So I still stand to live
A flood over my wounded soul
Ablution from a sacred spring
Blessed and washed in a sacred fount

No comments: