Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2020





I dreamed of you
Where we last parted
We met in that awkward place
We stood there speechless
I was mesmerized
By the smile on your face


If mountains could move
The joyous earth
Because of love
Would become flat
Endless joy would emanate
From the brilliant sky above

That last time I saw you
Flitting clouds whispered
Fitting poems about you
Excited crowds shouted
Singing joyous love songs

Star tunes about captivating you

In my giddy dream
The ready earth
Shook for you
Our love was never petty
Almost pious
So it always seemed

I stood there rattled and unsteady
Wanting all of you
I tried not to wake
From that lucid dream
I wished reality would romance us both
Feed us sweet peaches with delicious cream

This impatient earth shook again
Pushing us all down
Me upon my quaking knees
Clouds disappeared
Blown away by the wind
Colour flowing through the trees

I turned to sorrow watching you
Turn and walk away
I began to weep
Praying you would stop
Wishing you would turn my way
Hoping Love, that you might stay

No comments: