Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2020

 

the vagrant moon
came down from the ageless sky
finding my aged soul
engaged by sleep
in my meek and blameless garden
all those riveting stars
staring down from on high
mistress Luna woke me
poked me with a flaming stick
first nudging me in my growing arm
then poking me without alarm
in my disarmed third eye
wonders careen from space and time
exposing all our resistant karma
formulating some new reason
dismissing all that old rhyme
forgetting the sun would rise
to shine a trident light
piercing our closed human eyes
although tired and depressed
I woke to find
no apparent distress
those moon beams
shining down
surrounding my stolid frame
and current solid frown
I felt no shame
as the fervent stars
created a shower of sparks
around my nodding head
something akin
to a torrid crown
for a starlit moment
I thought
I was dreaming
light streaming down
forming something
like some fragile shepherd's crown
I lay there
in that illuminating light
forgetting about the dark and seamless night
I rose like a budding plant
sprouting stems and variegated leaves
then a flawless showy myriad
of perfect perfumed flowers
my muse and mistress
squinting for a better look
mistook me for a legless gymnosperm
she rolled me over
lathering the dewy grass
at long last
I knew my reckless life
had finally come to term

  

                  * * *

No comments: