Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2020


 

I feel I'm a ghost
drifting across open water
I'm an apparition
crossing a forbidden sea
in the far off distance
I can see an open gate
but something is holding me back
and I cannot cross that watery expanse
for some strange reason
I just can't plainly see
a way to that elusive entrance
although I hear God beckoning me
still I don't approach that place
it's as if my spirit holds me back
as if the Universe wants me to remain
atop that deep water filled gully
when I peer below my translucent feet
I am sure there is no bottom
a never ending dark and cold abyss
when I gaze upwards
all I can see is sky
there are no clouds
there is no heaven
only the endless Universe
for some reason I can't speak
I have no current voice
my choice is to remain there
hovering like a fallen angel
no matter how hard I try
my world seems fluid
my body feels like a feather weight
my eyes are wide open
but the only motion is a liquid surface
for the quickened life of me
I truly don't know why
if the world ends today
if the moon finally marries the setting sun
all we'll ever know or say
will be that God has found us
brought us together to make us one
to grant us wings to fly

                  * * *

No comments: