Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2020

 

first i was a shepherd
then i was a hermit
next i became a gardener
birds came to sing for me
then day turned to night
my thoughts turned to the mystic moon
when moon beams struck me
i became a terrestrial insect
pupating within a chrysalis
i determined i was lucky
crawling upon the fluctuating earth
seeking sustenance and sweet nectar
when the conquering rain came
writing my cryptic name
on a slippery sacred path
i found my capitulated self
turning to the insistent east
praying the fastidious sun would come
assist me to some blessedness
when the uncaring wind arrived
urging me to my fate and destiny
corporeal stars came out
i knew that i had found
within my sentient breast
a smoking flicker of hope
rightly urging me
with some reasonable sense
to my sacred best
omnipotent God arrived
taking my patient hand
if potent God would lead me
to some sacred land
if my resistant insect heart
gave up a beat or two
if i died this very day
if happiness and joy
might take me away
i could close my insect eyes
accept that incensed prize
knowing my shrill soul and spirit
would shed this earthly shroud
forgive my furtive regrets
without any trill fuss
knowing life and death
had turned the universe around
to take me home again
accelerate me to that holy place
where true love is found
relinquish my unskilled life
i found myself in a watery marsh
painted turtle came to let me ride
upon that sacred shell
turtle came to assure this wasn't hell
but a sure and blessed place
where purity practices rituals and dances
a fluid place that truly isn't harsh
but a place where consecrated life
casts another brave new spell
God beats that universal drum
creation in this holy dell
maintaining a spiritual sum
sacred circle of life
cycles of death
when the sun goes nova
the sacred universe
will simply take
another sacred breath

             * * *

No comments: