Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2021


 

down a narrow street
walking in Japanese
passing Greek shadows
balanced on sparrow feet
thinking thoughts in Lebanese
what an eclectic atmosphere
I'm dreaming in Blue Whale
sea level at low tide
everything in the austere sea
creeps across the seasoned land
remembering oceanic tales
beyond high stratosphere
expressed in Spanish and English
undressed by French I stood
holding up mute hands
if this is it
what else could be
I feel split
one foot long
dangling on two sides of the fence
hence altogether
another stands
phalanxes
seeking recompense
I'm a squawking jungle bird
displaying jungle tones
replayed I'm a limber pine
routed by deep ancient roots
alone in my alpine dreams
I shed fragrant poetic cones
my perfumed sap
balm and cures for the world
curled in a frankincense corner
my Arctic brow stays furled
my glacial sweat feels warmer
each passing year I'm brooding
disturbed noodling masses
crowd narrow curbless streets
flogging every angle
entangled in every lane
origami fish and birds
swimming and swinging in vain
these tsunami dreams
I wonder where
one might jump off
expertly turn
a conceptual corner
save some barren plain
talk in forest symbols
balk while walking
careful not to step
on some slow ant
or sidewalk crack
thinking crocodile
imagining a sauerkraut crock
fermenting
trails and trials
of insect thoughts
investing in spider webs
besmirching
that last slice of pizza
making me suffice
nighthawks soaring into the night
skimming radiant clouds
more magnificent than any edifice
dusting the adjacent full moon
trusting accountable time
contemplating raconteur stares
in my Blue Whale dreams
I see you
ostensibly standing there
beckoning the mystified world
or so it seems
I hear you
waxing like a disparate bird
just as dawn is breaking
when silence is
suddenly forgiven
both yours and mine
and (not) everything from the sea
returns freely
in fleeting time
greeting the rising sun
this opportune meeting
cosmically tuned epiphany
for sacred you and sacred me

                * * *

No comments: