Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

 


this is
that time
of life
when sadness
wakes
everyday
beside me
this is
that time
when oceans
recall empty
when sky
dawns void
this is
that time
when days
meld
into night
as if
there were
little
or no
difference
sometimes
I can't
see
beyond
the horizon
as I
used to
do
when I
was
so
much younger
now
this time
has limited
my vision
this time
surging tides
my journey
seems
riskier
in certain
ways
love and joy
seem
distant
that place
I never
seem
to reach
that screech
owl
calling
hooting
my name
knows more
about
this game
all my
dreams
entrance me
fancy places
foreign spaces
mostly mystical
I hear
fantastical Gabriel
frantically blow
gargantuan shows
when I
find
adjunct
myself
lying still
in vacant
arid desert
once again
redundant
I
want
to rise
up
touch sky
sensually
I want
to see
if
I
might ever
know
can be
if
some day
I
should try
grow wings
again somehow
learn
to fly
 

     * * *

No comments: