Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2022


 

these imaginary words I write
each tender fairy tale phrase
surrounded by magic beams of starlight
falling from my pursed cracked lips
like glowing sparks and flaming meteorites
crash landing in the stark dark night
shattering every already chipped glass surface
if rain should wash these scattered thoughts and pains away
perhaps a brighter day would come
maybe hopefulness would arrive to stay
but it seems there is always this other tragic sum
where loose and numbered ends
just never add up or meet
what if lovers could mend
sharing the very same dreams
maybe love could allow us
to stand on our own sturdy naked feet
but that fairy tale story
never has a happy ending or so it seems
knowing no one cares the same as we do
most often I can't help but feel defeated
I thought at one time I knew love could be true
but then love and heaven crumbled beneath my bleeding feet
I fell towards earth when heartbreak left me broken and unseated
plummeting through dense atmosphere
I watched my wounded soul catch fire
then my eyes were closed
my vestments resembling blackhole attire
all that was left was burnt ash when I hit the hard cold ground
suddenly the sun tracked backward and it tragically imploded
but maybe we're just crazy thinking we deserve any light or love at all
my regretful heart was bursting when it suddenly exploded
maybe love isn't real and maybe there is no true love at all
so you see these sedimentary words I try to write
each fragmented line I dig out of dry parched ground
surrounded by mystery that most often seems contrite
dug out of my fresh grave with feral words that jackals found
now I have risen as a shimmering spectre in the brisk night air
if fire would incinerate love's ghostly shadow
so love was just a puff of swirling smoke
perhaps the world could be a place
where life was perfect and more often fair
maybe hope would seem more realistic
truth would be those common words we spoke
what if we and love were forever gone
simply never here nor there
this strange equation we try to derive out of our unclear minds
where everything contrived is summarily added up
honesty be the only source for words I ever wrote
when I caressed and kissed your moist parting lips
true love was something we had finally found
finding passion we danced into a resplendent sky
all that grinding movement in our wanting hips
shaking heaven and earth remorseless
void of love's loveless wretched lies
staring into each others dreaming eyes
knowing deep down we'd never again fall
crash upon the cold and hard
uncaring ground

                           * * *

No comments: