Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2022


 

find yourself
bleeding in battle
wounded by some enemy
recklessly thrown to the wolves
caring one must surely wonder
if today I'll live or die
finding yourself
with fire in your hands
surrounded by ignition
striking flint and steel
one must cognitively wonder
shall self immolation occur today
denial so often stands to play
what can destiny's truth be
remember impermanence
all our worldly blunders
find myself stark and lying naked
completely beside myself
I discover self mistaken
uncovered and exposed
feeling unpleasantly terribly
I'm left so vulnerable
those reactionary public moments
where everything goes wrong
I've tried being invisible
my shadow and me disappearing
shifting under ground
melding like a ghost into some wall
all my castigation accompanied by wicked spells
lust at my beck and call
if my lurid dreams contained fuel
I'd burn at the stake
this self immolation
simply for my own dramatic sake
if I dig deep enough
uncover enough of this artery and vein
detach myself from the damned
crawl out of my newly dug grave
perhaps all this spurting and bleeding
all these old blood stains
marking every damn day
littered with so much pain and strife
finally constructing my funeral pyre
instruct a single spark
to be a mortal knife
self immolation
a measurement of worthy life
emulating destiny's convolution
its feral bite and bark
categorically
what is wrong and what is right
incinerating emotional life
enraptured by divine desire

                      * * *

No comments: