Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

 

I need
more
dire drugs
more
wanton blood
and screaming pain
spattered
across
each crucified page
every word
pounded in
a driving temper
hard iron nails
nailing me
to my heavy cross
I yearn
angst and hurt
all that hard
exposed
my bleeding heart
revealing
my broken soul
I search
constantly
searching
for constants
summations of truth
committed honesty
seems perilous
every glory battlefield
smeared with guts and gore
more
corruption
seems inevitable
like every burning sun
like flooding oceans
like every destructive world
all these eruptive galaxies
and molten nightmares
construction
stripping me
leaves me weeping
grips me
as I crawl
across a cheapened earth
as I tread
across every brutal sea
creation
wasting
my desert tears
discounting
my jungle fears
inflating
my volcanic words
bombastic shrouds
and earthquake thoughts
those related stars
burning in my crater eyes
pyroclastic clouds
insist on blinding me
so my instrumental days
and prison nights
consist of abject failure
insistently
this wretched existence
consistently
blistered by all this anguish
stretching me
rubbing out
perfection and honesty
all is nothing
but deceitful illusion
crooked deception
nothing
but adamant defeat
and delirious rejection
nothing
but viral emptiness
and persistent infection
vacancy
like all my prayers
and libations
like spoonfuls of bubbling heroin
intoned in shaking secrecy
crystalizing in my brain
coursing through
my constricted veins
as if living
is all kindness and decency
as if
God itself
is just insane

             * * * 

No comments: