Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2022

 

I've ranted and I've raved
I've bantered and I've prayed
I've burnt incense since it's what God truly craves
oh holy man
extend your holy hand
send holy across all the land
I wake in my repentant bed
I seek purity in my head
I've been shaken up instead
oh ghostly mount
purity within your ghostly fount
your ghostly paradise tantamount
I'm going too fast
I'm not sure how long I'll last
I am chained to this mortal caste
oh ghostly holy man
envisioning your ghostly plan
blessings by your ghostly hand
I'm hosting sacred visions now
reciting vedas and sacred vows
I'm mostly believing sacred cows
oh ghostly holy one
oh holy lama and blessed Imam
oh sacred's ghostly holy sum
I'm turning corners in my sleep
finding things I need to keep
chasing holy visions down ghostly streets
oh relevant day
oh reverent night
oh sacred holy blessed light
I've broken out of statutory prison
I'm seeing life through a polished prism
I've summed things up with enraptured vision
oh universal good
oh purity and creation
just as God should
oh charity and celebration
if only humans truly would

                   * * *

No comments: