Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2023


 

I stared at the sun
and the sun burned a hole
through my wounded soul
I watched the moon
and the moon stole
all the love I had held
in my bleeding heart
I felt myself surrender
as love disappeared
I lost myself
haunted by all life's drama
my itinerant phone rang
but I would not answer
since that pathetic device
had ruined my pitiful life
I closed my eyes
letting sorrow
carry me away
I swam to the centre
of a fathomless ocean
reflecting on drowning myself
along with all my failures
I found myself guilty
because of my own soul's sake
I dug a pitiless grave
wanting to bury myself
beneath all my grief
I turned myself over
in that deep grave
thinking I'd rather die
before I wake

             * * *

No comments: