Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

 


when we're so broken
we don't find legs to stand on
our shattered lives
those crazy things we used to dwell on
my broken heart
all those mistakes life plays upon
if I could change anything
I'd change the way we were
if I could have anything
I'd let love be a precious cure
when you fell
I tried to carry you home
when you cried
I didn't want to leave you alone
even though the sun shines
even though our hearts beat
I remain so broken
all my mistakes I never want to repeat
even though you said you loved me
my mixed-up mind would not let me be with you
even though you said you cared
I dwelt on things that were untrue
all this pain we feel
all those sweet kisses we have missed
why can't I ever see
know the things that bring us bliss
if the stars stopped shining
if the sun suddenly went out
where would love be then
would love know what it was all about
but I'm blind and dumb
my heart is the sum of all those things
when we fall apart
should love still know how to sing
or will we always cry
when love suddenly disappears
leaving us in that painful dark
all our love and all our fears
love with its impassioned truth
leaves us broken for years and years
if we weren't so broken
if love could save us
all those tender words we've spoken
would mend our broken lives and hearts
but love couldn't find a way to save us
all this love that's broken
all those harsh words love has spoken
when all we really want is love
when words don't cut it or make it true
what could we think
what should we do

                          * * *

No comments: