Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2024


 

when I think
about how
shattered
I am
battered
yet still
somehow
righteous light
I will
forever see
how broken
world is
remarkable
nuclear
disaster
this now
social
mad hatters
what if
enlightened
I think
truly
nothing
matters
who would
we be
then
if things
could be
so much
better
what if
we would
all think
hurt and pain
away
what if
always
real love
were true
to the letter
maybe
when I die
some spirit
blessed angel
will tell me
something
restive
help me
see
esoteric
elevated truth
instead of
feckless
irrelevance
distressing lies
I feel like crying
wallow
in my reckless
hurt
I've felt like
I was dying
tormented
imprisoned
with my pain
what if
I knew
all my selfish
carnal want
all my telling
tragedy's tears
all my check-list
ghastly fears
were somehow
all in vain
could my
broken heart
ever be
truly healed
would my
wounded soul
remain
clouded
cleverly concealed
what if
shattered
is released
can all this
gathered broken
somehow please
in this fleeting lifetime
respectfully be appeased

             * * *

No comments: