someone asked
are you
really happy
my blistered
abstract feelings
what is
true happiness
I'm wandering
seeking truth
I'm wondering
abruptly floundering
even drowning
what becomes
of us
lost souls
wrapped here
in life's
troubled gap
what happiness
can there
ever be
what about
token lying
should we
continue crying
all this
broken trying
not so
very subtle
finally dying
I have
somehow done
maybe somewhere
love will
maybe sometime
true love
will somehow
find me
wretched time
will reveal
some honest
better truth
make me
clearly see
happiness is
something real
maybe time
will stop
getting real
let me
find something
my wretched
broken self
buried deep
beneath love
embrace me
before hell
suddenly turns
burning day
to that
yearning night
where sadness
truly lives
absolving gladness
wretched me
abject hell
where happiness
can never
ever be
something good
because tragically
something true
this deep
drowning sadness
has somehow
taken us
to that
tragic place
where honestly
I've fallen
out of grace
such hopelessness
depressing space
watching you
little sister
suddenly snatched
completely away
gripping death
so happiness
just wouldn't
could never
ever stay
* * *
No comments:
Post a Comment