Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2026

 

when I come back 
from being dead
then once again
I'll lay myself down
upon another funeral pyre
then I'll light myself
once again on fire
forsaking bitter dreams
I once unforgivably dreamt
then another bold revelation
taking hold of me
sometime after revelated death
making me finally see
what must be true
that light I see
what must be real
those things I know
that must be me
maybe time will tell
what must truly be
prophetic dreams I've dreamt
where I'm finally free
that ascetic mortal place
I've somehow morally found
where it's forgivably me
space so utterly profound
that I finally see
where forgiveness truly lives
what life actually gives
what true light contrives
what death truly is
where enlightenment convincingly thrives
that place where love
no doubt decidedly arrives
if only we could
find love like that
while we are here
being truly human still
we should be loving
as we are here
and still alive

           * * * 

1 comment:

Steve Lee said...

Hey I finally made it here. Nice corner of the internet you got here, I get why you like it. Probably not much traffic though. "Sometime after revelated death" is one of many lines I like in that poem. Your meter is so good man, every line is rhythmically locked in. I don't know if most people notice that stuff but I do.