death seems
closer now
beyond yesterday's
lucid dreams
what happened
to all those
remarkably inclusive
best rainbow scenes
those absolutely beautiful
resolutely azure blue
crystal clear skies
at night those
faraway mesmerizing stars
what about those
rough gravel roads
those tough scenes
I dreamt of Mars
difficult miles and miles
bounded by wretched
barbed razor wire
ringed by all that
gripping crazy wicked
demeaning desert desire
what about those
immeasurably fantastic realms
of simpler treasured times
what about those
fabulous golden sunsets
those days and nights
that gloriously rhymed
somehow I feel
some timely peace
knowing that nothing
lasts truly forever
somehow I still
need caring love
knowing earthly love
can't last forever
those songs I've sung
love's romantic lyrics
that touched my heart
those poems I've written
words that vouched
so much defining hard
desperate always describing
maybe crying death
will try coming
on crouching tomorrow
or sooner if this
trying universe demands
maybe this world
will feel some sorrow
perhaps mystic loons
will mystically sing
before they choose
to magically land
to perfectly perform
their majestic dance
this glorious planet
that we live on
a place for all
to peaceably be
why can't we
just live here
forever live lovingly
hand in hand
maybe clever dreams
will tell us
that things really
need to change
death is something
or so it seems
nothing less than
something truly strange
that strange place
where strangely everything
eventually goes to die
opening closed hearts
finally reveal to open eyes
announcing proposed truth
instead of composing lies
we're all casualties
of uncertain life
we're always rolling
loaded casino dice
maybe love will
bring us peace
perhaps wicked time
will think twice
before we must
lay down to die
perhaps poetry
and rhymes
will provide some
moral advice
I really don't
have an answer
besides rain
as liquid water
other than winter's
frozen ice
time may give
us answers
to life's questions
that we all have
some things
we'll never know
some things
we'll never see
but life and death
are all there is
we're living in this
riveting eternal show
love and hate is what
this existence always gives
but truth is something
we may never know
maybe redemption will come
to take our hand
show us true love
reflecting God's perfect light
now that death
seems somewhat closer
perhaps I'll still
have those dreams
that make me notice
realizing that life
is noticeably seldom
what it usually seems
maybe when death
finally steadfastly comes
I'll finally feel
lastly truly satisfied
maybe when my eyes
close that one last time
I'll truly know my soul
has been truly blessed
so surely defined and gratified
* * *
No comments:
Post a Comment