Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016


Here Rests Love

Lay me down in a field of love,
Caress my soul with compassion,
Allow me to fly with Serenity's white dove,
Guide me on my winding journey in a holy fashion.

Oh Sacredness! Oh Holy Being!
Let your wild beasts comfort me,
Pray Peace! Pray Joy! Praise Singing!
As I travel down life's river, to the sacred sea.

Perfection greets me, with each sunrise,
Holiness meets me, with each new tide,
Stars fall down beneath me, honouring night skies,
With each divine breath, I dream this supreme ride.

Whisper truth, as the sands of time drift into tomorrow,
Murmur secrets, when I wake in this mortal land,
Recite Vedas in the morn, remove my ling'ring sorrow,
Hold me in your loving arms, lead me by my outstretched hand.

When heaven greets me, with its perfumed joy,
When glory meets me, with its welcome song,
When Angels carry me, as if I were an infant boy,
To that place where soul is met, where nothing's wrong.

So here is love, in this wondrous place,
Eden echoing life, 'cross distant desert sands,
Herb and flower, blooming in this beautiful space,
As the colour of the wind rejoices, embracing both my hands.

Here is love, living on this Sacred Earth,
Here is peace, lying gently down with wild beasts,
Here is joy, blessing divine with each joyful birth,
Here is hallowed life, enjoyed with thy consecrated feasts.

Rejoice! Life has given us breath and heartbeat!
Be glad! Creation has blessed our world with oceans and whales!
Celebrate! Swimming in the clear blue sea, for all the life we meet!
Honour life! As colours from the sacred wind fills our billowing sails!

Oh Sacred Pachyderm! Trumpeting glory across the land!
Oh Blessed Eagle! Soaring far above this sacred place!
Oh Majestic Oryx! Sprinting majesty across the desert sand!
Divine has come! Brushing tears of joy from off my smiling face!

2 comments:

Olwen's sister said...

Thank you again. Beautiful words.

JoeC said...

Thanks so much Lorna! Blessings! :)