Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2016


Shove your knife deeper,
Make me bleed more,
Your blade rammed steeper,
Stab me to my very core,
With your love rejection,
Mixed with cruel intention,
Mirroring this mad love reflection,
Rousing such hateful invention,
Dressed by this insane inflection,
Strip and shred the mains'ils,
Forego the tortured helm,
Chop down the masts, torch the handrails,
Shear the anchor chain,
Conjure myth that lasts,
Scuttle all life boats in this stormy vein,
Twisting mind, like cyclones, in this deadly realm,
Standing deathly cold in pouring rain,
Love's tears burning, tracks down my sorry face,
How many times will love's heart burst?
Imploding with love's torrid case,
Still I turn my back on love, not first,
But last, and with this inflective cast,
I conceal love's feelings, deep in my worry chest,
I bury love's kisses, deep in my chastened breast.
Now that you're gone, I grieve for us,
How can I ever mend these broken strands?
Life lived apart, what did it achieve for us?
How can I render love from such coarse sand?
Constrained by oceans of the tempest kind,
Within the boundaries of my bleeding heart,
Restrained, detained by raging seas,
Within the context of these simple words, I find,
Forgiveness comes to mind, let live,
If you can forgive, let love,
If you might forgive,
All that hurt entwined, in our two hearts,
Where love once lived, entranced by us,
Enhanced by us, parting clouds o'er that tempest sea,
As the colour of the wind imparted all that love,
All that wondrous love, all that joyful love,
Between faraway you and bleeding me.

No comments: