Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016



Searching, two loving arms that once embraced me,
Your waning shadow, crossed my zigzag path today,
I wondered if it were you, but in that dim light I couldn't see,
Vision failed me, floating out in space, there were no words left to say.

Searching stars, for that cherished heart that once loved me,
I measured time, from side to side, across a far off galaxy,
A million suns set, while I waited, hoping you'd discover me,
I measured love, from edge to edge, hoping love wasn't just some fallacy.

Searching each nook, across the universe, I wondered if love might forgive,
This unfortunate heart, flying far away, past Neptune's shining ring,
These streaming tears of mine, no comfort felt, in this desperate place I live,
While love plays its familiar melody, that 'together' used to bring.

Searching each cranny, aboard this emotional rocket ship,
I called your name, with each dive and dip, I sought your love,
While distant harmonies zipped past my heart, on this glaring love trip,
I sang your name with each passing star, penetrated below, inquired above.

For a thousand years, I searched for you,
Over a hundred lifetimes, I explored the stars,
Seeking misplaced love, with each new view,
Eventually I journeyed back, past Jupiter and loveless Mars.

Born yet again, I donned another deep space suit,
Climbed aboard heaven's shuttle, blasting off with a cosmic boom,
Time conquered space, I forgot our song, became deaf and mute,
I lost my sight, shuffling round this unfamiliar galactic room.

Then time held out its minute second hand,
Found myself in orbit, though none too soon,
I found my voice, echoing o'er an alien land,
Finding erring love again, on the dark side of the moon.

Have you seen Grand Jupiter? Bright Venus?
Arm in arm, climbing down the sky,
Red Mars clad in warrior's armor, stalking brave Enos,
Riding rough on his chariot, as love's warriors sunward fly?

All I hear is you, our beating hearts,
Like tender kisses, forever bound by love,
Ragged heartstrings tied tight, 'round these errant parts,
Entwined in interstellar flight, touched by God's blessed dove.

Have you heard love's symphony? Penned brilliance, transcribed number nine,
With upward strokes, 'twas keyed in major E, orchestral magnificence, so truly fine,
Notes sung crystal clear, with flawless cadence, rhythm and pure rhyme,
Love's perfection for a discerning ear, played in perfect four four time.

All I dream is you, an endless spectre, my envisioned joy,
Such a doleful game we play, digging graves for love too soon,
Cunning love, raised its crafty head, above the tomb of artful ploy,
Singing you love's cryptic ballad, on the dark side of the mystic moon.

No comments: