Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2016


HOPE

Oh little mouse! Stand upon your wee legs,
Come to see me, donning thy furry vestment,
Adorned by two tiny ears, so small yet ne'er begs,
God's creature, bound close to earth's vital testament.

I held hope, once upon a time,
Now all hope, seems lost,
With the last, hurricane clime,
Recent missiles, mercilessly tossed.

In your pastoral, sacred ways,
Stalking your blessed path,
Sweet mouse, enlightened by holy days,
Purest light, void of any hateful wrath.

I dreamed of hope, in the past,
Alas hope faded, as vile war raged,
From war's ashes, rose a spectral cast,
Affirming hope was silenced, chained and caged.

Oh shrinking violet! Blinded by such timid ways,
Scurry hither! Plight and plunder reach out for you,
Darkness hides, booby-trapping mouse trap plays,
Your secret nest might be found! Peril is out hunting too!

In my heart I treasured hope, praying for deliverance,
In my mind I coveted hope, petitioning faith and trust,
By my soul I illumined hope, giving hate its severance,
With God I wandered, as faithful credence must.

Small creatures! Investment strikes a worthy chord,
Your blessed harvest gleaned from freedom's field,
Glory lights a sacred way, while mankind walks in discord,
Still each mousy heartbeat! Forbearance, thy dynamic shield.

Still hope! Where is thy sacred shield?
If hope is lost, how does holy mark the way?
When hope lies spent, sordid beside every minefield,
What return is there? Can hope live or thrive, or even stay?

But mousy, so wee in stature, so infinitely small,
Inventing daily life, discovering daily mouse survival,
No war, merely squeaks, tussling  with each errant call,
Searching along the littered wayside, seeking life's revival.

Yet hope, under starry skies I held thou dear,
While two-legged kind desecrates earth's holy place,
Refuting surrender to heaven's sacred light, that's clear,
So hope has died, disappearing into dust, without a trace.

No comments: