Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2018



I know,
we're just friends,
you talk to me over your lofty fence,
I attentively listen to you speaking,
outside the walls of your impervious compound,
you acknowledge me from across your busy avenue,
I wave to you from inside my cracked shell,
you'll never open your door,
invite me in.
This is my dream not yours,
you don't want my affection,
tender kisses from me,
still I wish I could swim your deep ocean,
you don't need me,
you don't desire me,
still I'm drowning in a raging sea,
you fly off in a thousand directions,
I'm wandering barefoot in a dangerous jungle,

seeking your lost city,
searching for the key to your secret entrance,
where your veiled heart dwells,
arrested on its amber throne,
you think of me orbiting,
lost in deep carnal space,
I try to accost and rob you,
wanting a breath of your precious atmosphere,
you send tepid signals across your unexplored universe,
I keep my empty hands stuffed in sorry worn out pockets.
hoping that perhaps someday,
you'll reach out,
pull me closer,
still you remind me,
turning your back,
indifferently walking away,
in your uncaring heart,
we're just friends.

No comments: