Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018



One day,
Some day,
Far into the future,
When age has caught up to you,
Finally waking up with you,
When the sun rises one morning,
When you open your eyes and realize,
You are suddenly an old woman,
I hope at that moment,
You think back,
Reminded while you dry away your tears,
Such a myriad of consequence,
Over all those finite years,
Familiar memories come flooding back to you,
Rushing memories bringing you back to this very time,
When I rhymed for you,
When I loved just you,
Wanting to see you,
Watch you rise and shine,
Perhaps you'll realize,
Fate took you by the hand,
Climbing with you,
Guiding you from this very place,
Helping you to know,
Helping you to grow,
Nurturing you with its varied stance,
Leading you out of the wilderness,
Into an amazing time and place,
Charging your electrified life,
When I wished you all of the suns blessings,
When I hoped the silver moon,
Would trace rings around your wondrous life,
Such fragrant time on planet earth,
When this aging man hoped to hold your hand,
Lead you across this rocky land,
From one sacred spring,
To the next deep pool of generosity,
Down a perfumed garden path,

Overflowing with generous herbs and flowers,
Where all this unfolding mystery,
Wends its growing way,
Winding from one blooming garden,
Looking through another window,
Finding another blossoming windrow,
Showering your gentle soul,
With all my heartfelt prayers,
Promising you always the very best,
Oh radiant you,
Oh precious you,
May God lavish you,
With all those many blessings,
May you have everything,
Ripe fruit and sweet rice to eat,
May exotic birds and glorious nature,
Visit you every single day of your treasured life,
Gift you with perfect dreams,

Bless you with joy and happiness,
Fill your compassionate heart,
May bounteous life lift you,
Raise your charitable spirit,
Reaching great heights next to you,
Setting you apart,

Adored in the eyes of benevolent humankind,
Adorning you with garlands of fragrant flowers,
Colourful wreaths dressing your beautiful hair,
Surrounding you always with every happiness,
Every loving joy,
Letting you find heaven,
Letting you discover true love,
While your Angels take you by the hand,
Lead you on your admirable journey,
To loving God above.

You don't need to call me,
I don't need to hear your voice,
I don't need to hear you say,
You don't need me,
You don't love me,
I don't need your thank you's,
Or your sorry apologies,
I know I'm much too old for you,
You never loved me anyway,
I'm not answering my phone anymore,
I don't need to hear your voice,
I'm closing the door again,
Hoping all my pain and sorrow,
Will finally go away,
I'm letting a swift river,
Carry me over the falls,
Where I should have fallen,
So long ago,
I'm the one that isn't needed here,
I'm the one that love has avoided,
So don't call again,
Don't ever come here,
Or knock on my door again,
Forget about ragged me,
Forget you ever knew me,
Forget I ever said  I love you,
The sun will still come up,
The stars will continue to shine,
My time here is almost over anyhow,
I hear God calling me from heaven now,
I only wish you a happy life,
Filled with nothing but generous love,
Perfect joy and happiness,
I know you never wanted me,
You'll understand someday,
I know I'm not the one you want,
You'll see that I was right,
Saying goodbye one last time,
With my broken heart,
So don't call me again,
I'm turning around,
I'm walking away,
I don't need to hear your voice,
I know you have some other plan,
I know your heart was never mine,
You never let me dream with you,
You never let me hold your hand,
So my love don't think of me again,
I am gone now,
Soaring with the colours of the wind,
I've closed love's door,
You won't hear or see me anymore,
I hope you find your true love someday,
I hope someday you'll understand,

I truly loved you,
But in my heart,
I know you never wanted me,
In my heart I knew you'd never say,
I'll always love you,

In my heart I knew you'd never stay,
I'm letting you off the hook this sorry day,

I'm trying to let you go,
As gently as I can,
I don't know any other way,
To say goodbye,
I have to follow another dream now,
Just like you do too,
I never wanted to cage you,
I'm letting you go free,
I only wanted to love you,
I knew all along you'd never want me,
I knew all along you could never love me,
So I'm setting you free,
The only way I know how,
I hope you can understand,
I  know you'll never miss me,
I know you never wanted me to hold your hand,
I finally clearly see,
I made such a grave mistake,
Falling in love with you,
Letting my heart be trapped by love,
Such a grievous error,
I hope you'll never make this same mistake,
But I know you have already too,
Just like so many of us do.

No comments: