Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2018



It's Just Love

It's just love,
Why so much fuss?
It's not a million dollars,
It's not war or some other broken trust,
Love always betrays us,
I'm drowning in deep off-shore waters,
Love can leave us destitute,
Love can leave us hungry,
My soul seems somehow restitute,
Mountains seem so much taller,
Love will leave us starving,
I don't eat much anymore,
I wonder if I should call her,
But everything is black,
I don't see any light shining,
From any nearby shore,
I wonder if I should retrace my tracks,
But I don't see sense anymore,
Love leaves us thirsting,
I'm so thirsty for her love I'm hurting,
I'm wand'ring alone now in some barren desert,
I'm going insane now with all this raving,
Love will leave us dying in a busy street,
Love will leave us crying no matter who we meet,
It's her love that I am craving,
I wonder who she's met,
I wish that love would save me,
I wonder who she'll meet,
Floundering I'm pale,
White as a pallid sheet,
I feel like an erupting volcano,
I thought this was something I could stand,
But I've truly gone insane, oh!
I don't have feet or legs now,
I'm just spewing caustic ash,
I don't have arms or hands,
I've lost my fucking mind,
That's my real fear,
Lucidity will never rescue me,
Sanity will never be true or kind,
I'm vomiting so much moonstruck trash,
High into love's desolate atmosphere,
Wrapped in all this drastic plastic,
I can't breathe anymore,
My inner core has gone completely spastic,
I'm tortured by this confusing haze now,
I tried to get up and run,
But I can't think or see or hear now,
I'm lost in cerebral space somehow,
Orbiting love's corrosive sun.

No comments: