Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2020




Lying still in my winter bed
Staring up at frilled cobwebs
Strands of lint littering my hinterland sky
All these frittered tangled thoughts
As I stay there wond'ring how and why
I heard Raven recite a winter poem
Then spread his wings he up and fled
Tugging at those cobweb strings
Brother Raven's mystical tone
Engraving words in my rave head
Some words smother me and make me cry
If I ever wake from this astral dream
If my aspiring heart forgets to beat
A relished moment after one last mystic line
Perhaps I'll close my eyes and I will die
I remember your smooth hand upon my zealous skin
All  those passionate love poems we're often in
Jealous I wish my palm was warm upon your silky skin
Still I close my weary eyes
Recalling all my yearning dreams
Expressed in sleep's wondrous guise
Visions test and tease my wanting soul
They make me rise and want to fly
Those prized wishful dreams
That come to me and make me want to cry
The thought of you should comfort me
Yet you're so very far away

We're so profoundly far apart
I've tried to understand
But I don't know why
Let me hold you in my burning heart
Let me bravely try to take you with me
When I close my weary eyes
And in my dreams we'll be together
In my fearless dreams we smile and fly
I still hear your gentle voice
As I lie here sentient and still awake
I wish I could fill this empty void
Wish I'd been your lasting choice
Wish we could be together for love's sake
I wish I could see your eyes and kiss your lips
Sweet sips of nectar when I recall your voice and hips
A tender morsel for love's blessed sake
A bitter dream that apart we both must take
All those hopes we once thought would last forever
Smashed and followed by a stream of tears
So many rash nights alone now
Let me tenderly hold you close
I've tried to dash my lonesome fears
Still I dream of you and your generous smile
Enduring so many lonely wintry years
I splinter into pieces and dream awhile . . . 




No comments: